While many of us trade our cycling rigs for skis and snowboards this time of year, rumblings are happening in the gravel and off-road riding world that you’re not going to want to miss!
Following the successful finale of the 2022 Grand Prix race series at Big Sugar Gravel presented by Mazda in Bentonville, Arkansas, today, Life Time announced details for the 2023 Life Time Grand Prix presented by Mazda.
For 2023, the series will expand to seven races – the last being a ‘Wild Card’ event that will be announced on January 11, 2023. With this change, athletes will have the option to drop up to two events (versus just one last year). Additionally, field sizes will expand to 35 female and 35 male riders, and entry fees will be covered by Life Time. Additionally, doping controls will also be expanded to include more races and athletes and a total prize purse of $250,000 will be allocated to the top 10 female and male riders upon the conclusion of the Series.
Registration for both events opens today, December 1, 2022 and runs through December 15, 2022.
2023 Event Schedule:
● April 22: 100K cross country mountain bike race in the Fuego XL at the Life Time Sea Otter Classic presented by Continental in Monterey, Calif.
● June 3: 200-mile Garmin UNBOUND Gravel presented by Craft Sportswear in Emporia, Kan.
● July 8: 69-mile Life Time Crusher in the Tushar presented by The Creamery in Beaver, Utah
● August 12: 104-mile Stages Cycling Leadville Trail 100 MTB in Leadville, Colo.
● September 16: 40-mile Life Time Chequamegon MTB presented by Trek in Cable, Wis.
● October 21: 100-mile Life Time Big Sugar Gravel presented by Mazda in Bentonville, Ark.
● ‘Wild Card’ event to be announced January 11, 2022