PUBLISHER ROLE – BOULDER CO OFFICE
Summit Publishing is seeking a Publisher for Elevation Outdoors Magazine based in Boulder, Colorado. The Publisher will have responsibility over all of the Colorado operations for Summit Publishing, as well as managing and growing key accounts.
The Elevation Outdoors brand is the essential guide to the Rocky Mountain outdoor lifestyle through print, web, e-mail, social media and event platforms. Reaching over 100,000 readers with each print issue, 40,000 on the web monthly and 200,000 at various annual events, Elevation Outdoors celebrates the best in outdoor sports, trends, gear, music, and the mountain scene.
- Majority of monthly advertising sales (key accounts), meeting predetermined sales goals for 2018 and development of revenue growth strategies in 2019 and beyond.
- Driving revenue by increasing sales across all platforms while serving as the face of the magazine and Elevation Outdoors brand in all areas of the outdoor sports industry.
- Strategy and day-to-day leadership for the Elevation Outdoors sales team, as well as providing opportunities for other Summit Publishing sales team members.
- Create and sell: print, web-based and event sponsorships.
- Lead marketing and social media activities.
- Manage the “Elevation Outdoors Roadshow” events series, including operations, staffing, and reporting.
- Work closely with company president, distribution, art and web teams in Charlottesville, VA to ensure timely and accurate production of advertisements that meet client expectations.
- Quality assurance for web-based, e-news and social media marketing; including managing our PT Digital Manager.
- Annual budget development.
- P&L management.
- Work closely with editorial team to define yearly editorial plan and related sales strategy.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of Boulder office.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in sales for print and digital consumer media or related media.
- Demonstrated personal sales growth.
- Proven track record of sales team management.
- Candidate must have knowledge and proven experience successfully managing the digital side of publishing business relating to both revenue and audience.
- Exceptional communication, time management and planning skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excel and sales database experience required.
- Experience with P&L responsibility.
- Experience working in a satellite office is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business preferred.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, submit resume and cover letter with total compensation expectations, including your current base salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org