UPDATE! This Backcountry Booty has been found!
Backcountry Booty is back, and we may have just hidden our best prize yet. Somewhere in the foothills of the Front Range, a $1,000 gift card to Sierra Trading Post is waiting for you.
You may be thinking: $1,000… What’s the catch? No catch. Just all the camping gear you could ever want for your upcoming summer adventures.
The gift card is redeemable both in-store and online, so get outside and start looking!
Here’s how it all goes down:
- We hide a Booty Voucher that is good for free swag somewhere in the Boulder area.
- We tell you the general area of the Booty and give you clues on our Facebook page and website.
- You like our Facebook page to make sure you know when all of the new clues are released and check back to the contest page to review all the current clues.
- You go treasure hunting! Be sure to keep from trampling native plants and disturbing the wildlife. We also encourage all participants to bring a trash bag when hunting to pick up litter.
- The Winner will post a selfie with the found booty on your own personal Facebook page, tagging Elevation Outdoors Magazine and Sierra Trading Post to confirm they’ve found the treasure. After you’ve found the booty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Backcountry Booty Winner” and we’ll email you instructions on how to claim your prize.
This trail shares the name of an iconic music venue in Colorado.
Here is a photo of what the voucher looks like and a close-up of where it’s hidden.