As it’s known in the winter, Beaver Creek is just as hard to beat for family fun in the summertime. You’re spoiled for choices between hikes, horseback riding, rodeos, concerts, fly fishing, Kids’ Day Camp, mountain tours and more. Whether casting a line into gold medal waters, meandering down a wildflower-filled trail, or relaxing poolside with your family, those in the know know BC is where it’s at.
Here’s our picks for the top 10 family-friendly activities in Beaver Creek for this summer:
1. Take a High Mountain Adventure 4×4 Tour in a canopied Jeep to the top of Beaver Creek Mountain.
2. Horseback ride to Beaver Lake on Beaver Creek Mountain, or to Beano’s Cabin for a five-course, Colorado fare, prix fixe dinner.
3. Kids ages 5-13 can join Kids’ Day Camp and experience their own Colorado mountain adventures with new activities each day ranging from white water rafting, to playing in the teepee village, art, gem panning, biking, hiking, kayaking, rock climbing and more.
4. Watch the Beaver Creek Rodeo Series every Thursday through Aug. 14 (except July 24). If you’ve got an especially brave child they can even enter the Mutton Bustin’ competition or the Calf Scramble.
5. Take a guided hike from the experts at the Beaver Creek Hiking Center.
6. Take a guided half day or full day fly fishing trip with Gore Creek Fly Fisherman.
7. Movies like Frozen, Despicable Me 2, The Lego Movie and Happy Feet 2 will play on the big screen on Tuesday nights in BC. Drinks and food are available at each viewing party.
8. On Sept. 19-20, the Rendezvous Music Festival takes place, with performers Patty Griffin, Dawes, Jason Isbell, Wade Bowen, Paper Bird, Jackopierce, Andrew Ripp, Kylie Rae Harris, Michaelis and more.
9. A Mini-golf course, climbing wall and bungee trampoline sit at the base of Beaver Creek Mountain for all to use. When you get tired of those, you can enjoy a scenic chairlift ride up Strawberry Park Express Lift.
10. Regulars will always tell you about the complimentary fresh cookies are served by chefs every Tuesday at 3pm. Also, the village also offers outdoor ice skating all year long for those looking for some afternoon fun.
Visit BeaverCreek.com for more information on summer events and activities and to book lodging.